Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Nikko BABY!

Shit son!


Japan is a country with a rich history... Man, I pass by stuff that might be older than Canada every day! This past (long weekend) I went to Nikko. Nikko is: ‘a sacred site that stretches back to the middle of the 8th century. <...> the grandeur of Nikko is intended to awe, a display of wealth and power by a family that for 2 ½ centuries was Japan’s arbiter of power’ (Lonely planet). Well me and my crew of fellow JETS, we visited pretty much everything we wanted to visit there. It was beautiful; we saw great waterfalls, visited amazing temples, did yoga with a Buddhist freak, wood carved like champions, took baths naked outside while looking at the lake and the mountain and ate way too much Black Thunder (amongst a lot of other things). I was in the most beautiful place, that sometimes reminded me of Switzerland, sometimes Quebec, with a little touch of paradise. And on top of it, I was with the most amazing group of people...

I want to thank the Jet programme for sending me here with people that I get along with perfectly. We were 8 this weekend, and all of us bring a different dynamic to this group, which makes it... well it makes it entertaining, hilarious, always fun and... just plain perfect. These guys are my friends, my family and I know that when we will all go our different ways in 9 or 21 or 33 months, I will have a great group of friends I can go meet anywhere in the world, at any time, and that we will have amazing stories and experiences that we will remember for the rest of our lives. So to all of you, from Perv Will, to Nelly Furtado, to Ginger spice, to the girl that always calls me an horrible man, to Dan the Man, to the sweet kiwi and the always hilarious Canadian-Finn: Thank you!


Thank you for letting me hang out with you. Thank you for being who you are and for accepting me into your lives, even if I’m the most crazy, stupid, drunk, disrespectful, obnoxious, slow witted French-Canadian guy that you will probably ever meet.
To all of you, Merci and Irasshaimasse!
Love you all.
P.S. : If I ever get a black baby, I will call him John McCain

7 comments:

Simon said...

Man, I wish I was there with you all! Did you have time to see a hockey game, the Nikko Icebucks!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet post P-Y! I totally agree with what you said - we really have made friends for life and I feel so lucky to have such a great group of people to share this experience with as well! Can't wait for more fun times in Thailand with you! nadine xo

Anonymous said...

Je suis si heureuse pour toi,quoi de mieux que de savourer le plaisir de voir de si beaux sites (j'ai regardé Nikko sur internet et c'est fameux)et ce,en si bonne compagnie.Rappelle-toi que l'on fait son bonheur et que ce n'est pas donné a tout le monde de le savourer comme tu le fais.Je t'aime.Mom

Thunderstorm said...

Ces si belles paroles me font rappeler plusieurs beaux moments de ma vie! Merci PY: tes chroniques sont catharsiques pour le petit voyageur en moi...

Guillaume

Angela said...

Very eloquent and gracious for a "crazy, stupid, drunk, disrespectful, obnoxious, slow witted French-Canadian". How lucky your friends are.

Ayame,

-A-

Anonymous said...

Shit, son! I almost cried! I know we all feel the same way as you, do. I'm amazed that we all get along so famously, and I'm honoured that you consider me like family. We have many more fabulous months ahead of us!
<3 The Black Thundress

(Eeva the finnish flava)

Anonymous said...

Touchant! J'ai versé une larme... On attire et on voit chez les autres ce que nous sommes à l'intérieur de nous-mêmes... never forget samouraï u see your own light in others! No wonder you're blinded.
luv always
Caro xxxx